Recent News Article in St. Louis Suburban Journal
Chris Gerli, owner and operator of City Cycling Tours, LLC was featured in a recent St. Louis newspaper article. Read the entire story here.
Tour Forest Park in St. Louis
Dedicated on June 24, 1876, Forest Park is one of the premier urban parks in this country. It is the setting for numerous world-renowned attractions and features, and a number of notable historic events have occurred in Forest Park. Highlights include:
- The #1 zoo in the United States (Zagat's 2004 Guide).
- Site of the 1904 World's Fair.
- First national memorial to Thomas Jefferson.
- America's oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre.
- Site of triumphant return of Charles Lindbergh and the Spirit of St. Louis.
- Wide diversity of habitats.
- Remarkable bird watching area, with over 200 species recorded.
- Recently completed $94 million restoration.
- World-class art and history museums.
To enjoy this marvel, City Cycling Tours conducts guided, narrated, leisurely paced bicycle tours. Each tour spotlights the historical, architectural and cultural significance of the park, its attractions and features.
- Tours cover approximately 10 miles over mostly flat ground.
- The 18 stops feature well-researched and engaging narration.
- Tours are a 2.5 to 3 hour experience.
- Bicycles are upright riding and are comfort-style hybrids with cushioned seats.
- Bicycles come in a range of frame sizes.
- Light weight, fully adjustable safety helmets are included.
- Individual and group rates are available.
- Custom tour packages are available.
- A monthly "Full Moon" tour is offered during a 3-day span surrounding a full moon.
- Visa and Mastercard accepted.
- Gift certificates available.
• Here are a few "Testimonials" from recent bicycle tour participants •
Daily Tours with Flexible Starting Times
Reservations encouraged for weekday tours
and recommended for all weekend tours.
Telephone: (314) 616-5724
Chris Gerli, Proprietor
Offered in cooperation with Department of Parks, Recreation & Forestry
Member of St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission
Endorsed by the Saint Louis Attractions Association
Endorsed by Concierge Preferred
Editorial assistance by Clark Rowley of People Productions
Design and technical assistance by Tom Urbom of Websites For People